Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
Nope, I was in Tyler......Ben
Oh, well, you missed your chance at something, I'm just not sure what it might be.

A web search turned up this:

Luman Holman, meanwhile, has other claims to fame. He is well-known for a line of cattle that started bearing his name as of 1972. One of his sons purchased a group of Butler longhorns for him at an auction in Sealy and transported them to his ranch, Kaso Kety wrote in a butlertexaslonghorns.com article.
“Mr. Luman Holman couldn't have been happier and he turned one lucky afternoon into a 19-year love affair with the Texas Longhorn,” Kety wrote.
Kety wrote that Holman cattle are best known for their productivity and milking ability, but possess one of the most diverse color ranges of any family of Longhorns.
“While many of the cattle have superior horns, the Holman emphasis has not been on horn, but rather on the selection of cattle that fit the Holman mold of rugged cattle that can survive whatever is thrown at them and still come up smiling,” Kety wrote.
“They are a cattleman's cattle and Mr. Luman Holman wouldn't have it any other way.”
Those could be the same cattle I had a hand in rounding up , cutting, and getting blood samples!