Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing boat...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    ...thats my boat I had on Lake Powell for about 8 years.
    She looks good, 'Bo. And, it looks fast.

My BIL had a sign in his boat at Powell that read:
    A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand.

As far as being fast, I never really ran it at top speed. Every once in a while I would do a WOT run just to check it's ability to reach max RPM's and make sure the engine was healthy. Typically I'd cruise around 3200-3400 RPM. The 6.2L Merc was surprisingly fuel efficient at that RPM and it just felt like the spot where it settled in and could cruise all day. We were never in a hurry when on the lake.

I bought it for Nurse Paula as a surprise B-Day gift so it was named after her as well. "Mi Paulina".

I bought it for Nurse Paula...
    Still sticking with that one hey?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Well.... I did name it after her

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Well.... I did name it after her
    Smart man
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis