Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
Oh but I think I am. It's 3/4" conduit and will be running 8 ga through it. It's a total of 62 feet run there will be two 30 amp circuits. There's two 30 amp fuses in the safety box on the house and in the garage there will be a breaker box with two double breakers, eack being 15 amp. I wasn't sure what gauge to run for the neutral and ground so all will be 8 ga. Oh and I have to order it because I can't find the proper wire in the little towns around here. I'm using THWN-2.

So do you think it's covered? And if you happen to be in the area next spring you could help when I wire both garages, still trying to decide if i should use armored wire or do conduit and pull the wires. Still thinking of doing something with the wooden garage.
I would love to be there in the Spring, which may be out of my hands. Without seeing the main box I couldn't be exact on what you need. By the time you put 62' of eight gauge, I don't think you'll be able to run compressors or anything big. My circular saw uses 15 amps. Don't glue those nineties until you get the wire in Eight gauge won't pull easy. Also please find somebody to give you a little more knowledge than I've got left. You can run lights and a few boxes for little stuff but....well just find you an electrician and ask for a favor. Or give me the info on your main breaker box and the box your running in the garage also and I'll find out something down here. I've seen old houses like that that don't have but 60 amp main boxes and if it's a Federal Pacific box your house will burn down, they are completely outlawed here. Not trying to rain on your parade I just don't want to see you spend two hundred on wire that won't carry the load. I'll gladly melt back into the computer if I'm wrong or if you say you've got it.