Thread: If Only Other Politicians Understood This

If Only Other Politicians Understood This

I don't know anything about the Travis County Judge other than what I read in the article this quote is drawn from. I do wish it would be read by all of our "leaders". If we are to go "blue" in Texas Judge Eckhardt might be someone to consider.

“In my panel today at the Texas Tribune Festival on 'Public Enragement' I spoke about the importance of being able to disagree without being disagreeable. Then I said something disagreeable," Eckhardt said in a statement, according to The Texas Tribune. “I want to apologize to Governor Abbott. I made a flippant comment that was inappropriate. The comment did nothing to further the debate I was participating in, much less further the political discourse in our community, state, and nation. While the Governor and I disagree on a number of issues, that is no excuse to be disagreeable."
    SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

That's certainly refreshing
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Mike as much as I respect you and all that I just have to disagree with you on this particular issue I think this lady is a left-wing mean spirited person and said exactly what she intended to say and it came back in her lap and she tried to backpedal it. I wouldn't support her for dog catcher. And to add to injury a sitting judge should never ever utter a statement like this
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You could be absolutely right about her. Like I said I know nothing about her other than what is said in the article. I understand what you mean about a sitting judge but she is not a magistrate. In Texas a county judge is the head of the commissioners court. They are at the county level what a mayor and city council is at the municipal level.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mike look into it just a little bit she's nothing more than Ultra left-wing Austin liberal. The hypocrisy that such a person as this judge could make such a ugly mean nasty remark about a governor with a physical disability just shows the hypocrisy of the democratic party as it is today. It's a real threat to our society and sick people like this lady are just a symptom of it.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Hmmm... it's no coincidence all this trails the attacks on Greta Thunberg.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Hmmm... it's no coincidence all this trails the attacks on Greta Thunberg.

Hunter
    OK, you've got me on this. Pray tell what does Greta Thunberg have to do with this thread?

I don't mean to be rude, or insulting, I just don't make the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Pray tell what does Greta Thunberg have to do with this thread?
    More accurately, what does she have to do with anything?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Me kinda need to know LOL.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    OK, you've got me on this. Pray tell what does Greta Thunberg have to do with this thread?

I don't mean to be rude, or insulting, I just don't make the connection.
    The conservatives were talking trash about Greta and her Autism, being mean. She's retarded how can she know anything about the weather. So now the libs are going to be mean and belittle the conservatives.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    She's retarded how can she know anything about the weather.
    The definition of mean?
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    The definition of mean?
    That would be one in and of itself. The right belittles the left then the left belittles the right and on it goes.
    This is your mind on drugs!