Thread: Feeding my obsession

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Feeding my obsession

I made another high volume buy of hot peppers from my new green grocer. Amish and Mennonite have very bland tastes, so it is interesting to see them "read" the market correctly and plant things they don't eat themselves.

My "new guy", however, is the only one I have seen growing Habaneros.

I bought another load from him this week, most of which are now in the dehydrator in preparation for storage. As needed, I will grind them in a Krups coffee mill (reserved for that purpose alone). But, thinking back to when I grew my own I recall making a hot pepper relish which I froze in small batches. So, today, with the overflow from the dehydrator I will make fresh pepper relish---and increase my overall winter inventory

I am also going to try the pepper relish with olive oil. Common in SE Asia, (they use common vegetable oil) and is found on the table in most any Thai or Vietnamese restaurants.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 09-22-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis