Thread: My Cat is Radioactive

My Cat is Radioactive

We took our Siamese son to the vet, and he needed radioactive treatment to dissolve his thyroid gland. We've been waiting for a week now for his radiation level to drop low enough to enable safely bringing him home. Today should be the day, as his radiation levels are now bottoming out.

It's amazing the things they can medically do to our pets nowadays.

Yeah, it was $1,500 for the treatment, but we really love the cat. He's worth it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, it was $1,500 for the treatment, but we really love the cat. He's worth it.

Hunter
    I can't talk...I dropped several hundred a few times on my puppies when they were alive...They were worth it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I hope he recovers Bill

I didn't know they did that to animals--but then I never really thought about it.

I was just talking to someone whose sister is about to undergo massive radiation. Back in the 90's Susan Butcher (of Iditarod fame) underwent similar treatment and she was so radioactive that her family could not go in the room and the medical staff worked mostly from outside her room. Sadly it was to no avail. She had young children and thus the decision she made.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hoping for a quick and effective recovery. Pets are the best.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Thank you, my friends. You are very kind.

Our boy cat, Maximus, has picked up with his habits at home right where he left off. The only special treatment he needs is careful handling and disposal of his body wastes for the next few weeks. And, we're not supposed to let him sleep on us.

The wifey and I are hoping this is the last big thing the cat will have to go through in this life.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I hope your cat makes a speedy recovery.

Out of curiosity, does the radiation cause the cat's hair to fallout?

(Curiosity and fallout in the same sentence about a cat. I should know better!)
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Glad your cat is on the mend

But to be honest I don't think I spent that much on both knee replacements and 2 kidney stones this year.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'