The NYFD, NYPD, NY EMS, the passengers on flight 97, and others 18 years ago. Speaking for myself and I think for the rest of us that strapped on a uniform ( police, fire, EMS, military). I hope that in the course of our service we were able to uphold the standards that they set that day. I have folks say we are heros, I never thought I was. They asked me how and why we do what we did as they say they can't. My only answer was because it needs to be done and I can do it. I have teared up a few times today listening to the radio and some of the comments. Just thinking about those who never got to go back home to their families. We are so lucky to have finished our time at the watch and except for some emotional scars and aches and pains are home with those we love. My wife asked me why I keep my old gear. It's so I never ever forget and I can make sure no one around me forgets that this is what makes America great. Our love for every American to the point that we will risk our lives for them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190911_155350849_HDR~2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	37052