Thread: Form an orderly line, you Ford diesel lovers...

Form an orderly line, you Ford diesel lovers...

This is on CraigsList so it'll disappear when sold...A 1976 F-150 with an inline six Nissan diesel that looks so right, you'd think it was factory...With 460 miles since built, it's a bargain at $35K...The story has more details...Hurry!...:...Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00K0K_9ukTT0psjXh_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	37036
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I had a 1978 F-150 that looked almost identical to that, same color and trim, except it was 4x4 without the cap. And, of course, no diesel.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Fat chance of getting that price!

Anyone notice the error on number of cylinders? The spec sheet says it is a four clyiinder and it is clearly a six.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have a gold plated Bugatti I'll sell but I know waco wants first dibs.....It has a gold grill too...

Was way cheaper when it showed up about a year or so ago.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I don't know how accurate this is, but my Mercedes dealer says Mercedes pulled out of diesels in the USA because it is a dying realm. I have no idea how he reached that conclusion.

Update: My Chevy diesel that blew is still blown. The dealer that has it says he's having trouble getting related parts. I'd complain - but my wife and I are putting a lot of miles on the Equinox loaner Chevy gave us.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That's the deluxe cover, has the sliding side windows and color matched. My 74 they did not offer it in the color I ordered. Ford would not put the 460 in a half ton 4X4 also no diesel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img004.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	347.3 KB 
ID:	37037  

Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson