Thread: A special thought

A special thought

I have listened to this piece hundreds of times, but despite having long ago memorized the lyrics I never thought of it beyond its place of origin in Les Miserables.

Today, as I was working , the Piano Guys preforming "Bring Him Home" started to play, and for the first time I noticed the dedication which proceeds the video.

"Dedicated to families who sacrificed to preserve freedom"

So, I invite all to relax with this performance and give thanks to all those who have not come home and to all those that did.

The lyrics:

God on high
    Hear my prayer
    In my need
    You have always been there
    He is young
    He's afraid
    Let him rest
    Heaven blessed.
    Bring him home
    Bring him home
    Bring him home.
    He's like the son I might have known
    If God had granted me a son.
    The summers die
    One by one
    How soon they fly
    On and on
    And I am old
    And will be gone.
    Bring him peace
    Bring him joy
    He is young
    He is only a boy
    You can take
    You can give
    Let him be
    Let him live
    If I die, let me die
    Let him live
    Bring him home
    Bring him home
    Bring him home.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My paternal grandfather was a POW held in Germany. For two years, my family thought he was dead. When he came back, he resumed a normal life and went into the FBI. I was very proud to have him in my life and miss him still.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead