Thread: Random Thoughts

Random Thoughts

There I was. Laying on my back part way under a small trailer trying to tighten up a couple of bolts. I started looking up at the sky and saw the moon against the clear blue. As I lay there, I started to wonder.

How often did those men who left earth for the moon stop to think if they were buying a one way ticket ?.

I have been known to take a few chances, BUT , I don’t think I would have the nerve for that.

Truly , great and brave men.

Without question.

Had I been given the chance, I would have signed up without a thought of the dangers--with no thought of being a hero--it would have been purely selfish on my part. What a rush
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    There I was. Laying on my back part way under a small trailer trying to tighten up a couple of bolts. I started looking up at the sky and saw the moon against the clear blue. As I lay there, I started to wonder.

How often did those men who left earth for the moon stop to think if they were buying a one way ticket ?.

I have been known to take a few chances, BUT , I don’t think I would have the nerve for that.

I've thought about that more than anything else I think. What a hell of a way to say goodbye!, so to speak.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Still want to go retrieve the lunar rover. Thinking how much that vehicle would be worth on today's market as a prized object.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Still want to go retrieve the lunar rover. Thinking how much that vehicle would be worth on today's market as a prized object.
    There's still a big market for low-mileage SUV's......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You guys realize it never happened... It was all film on a back lot in Burbank...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    You guys realize it never happened... It was all film on a back lot in Burbank...

Yo Bo, you're starting to talk like " Sleepy Joe " I may have to rethink my 2020 support.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I may have to rethink my 2020 support.
    No, no...We need your financial help to fight this uphill political battle...And as Bo's campaign manager I need my reasonable 30% cut because I can't always catch a ride to Aruba in Wayne LaPierre's jumbo jet......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    No, no...We need your financial help to fight this uphill political battle...And as Bo's campaign manager I need my reasonable 30% cut because I can't always catch a ride to Aruba in Wayne LaPierre's jumbo jet......Ben
    You don't need to worry Ben Dave's got all the money just ask him
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You don't need to worry Ben Dave's got all the money just ask him
    Every now and then I will look at one of your posts---just to see if there is any change---to date that has not happened.

Are you ever going to grow up and stop being jealous of others, or are you just going to continue posting your childish dribble?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't have time to worry about who is or is not wealthy. I now have collected $ 3.47 for the 2020 run and am worried about how I am going to dispose of it if I remove support from Bo. Bet bet would most likely to just send it to Ben and let him worry about the tax problem.

Yes just email cash only to Phillbo Campaign C/O Truckman, and I'll see it's properly disposed of in an orderly, ecologically sound manner......Ben

Who is 'Sleepy Joe"?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Who is 'Sleepy Joe"?
    Hmmm, the campaign could use a good slogan...How about "Jumpin' Bo?"...Go finish your nap Bo, and busy justifying this weeks campaign travel expenses......Ben