Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressors

Suppressors

Thinking of getting a suppressor. Maybe one of the Ruger 10/22 integral models.

Maybe one for an AR with sub-sonic ammo.
    Waiting for a call back from a lawyer to set up a trust.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

There are good ones online and most suppressor dealers have a good one they will supply to you. Using a lawyer is ok too especially if you have a friend that does not charge....lol
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Maybe one for an AR with sub-sonic ammo.
    I once built an AR-15 for myself in .300 Whisper...It would have been a good candidate...But I know now you can buy them over the counter in .300 Blackout......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The attorney called back, I was not expecting that to happen today since it was so late when I sent him the email. It should be a done deal tomorrow, or Monday. I'll have the necessary paperwork and make the order.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Cool
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The trust paperwork has been signed and notorized. Now I get to go shopping and wait the long wait for the ATF to send me a tax stamp.

Last I heard it was about 11 months, happy waiting..................

That's what I'm hearing, too.

You should be able to go down to your FFL and take a look at it when it comes in.

The attorney I used said some dealers will "loan" it to you to use at their range until the transfer takes place.

[on edit]

To clarify, the suppressor doesn't leave the FFL, you have to give it back before you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The attorney I used said some dealers will "loan" it to you to use at their range until the transfer takes place.

[on edit]

To clarify, the suppressor doesn't leave the FFL, you have to give it back before you leave.
    Yes, if you use it in their presence in their facility you can use it. My FFL has done that.

The rifle was ordered and the suppressor was in stock. The rifle should be delivered next Wednesday, while the suppressor is in ATF jail until they send the tax stamp. The good news is the dealer says I can visit and shoot the suppressor as much as I want while we wait on ATF.

Mike, I'd appreciate it if you could post a video, with sound (of course), when you're ready to go.

Thanks,

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Mike, I'd appreciate it if you could post a video, with sound (of course), when you're ready to go.

Thanks,

Hunter
    The video at the start of this thread is what I bought. In the video they fire several different types of .22 rimfire and you can easily hear the differences.

You're right - thanks, Mike.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead