Thread: Special Ops Chinooks at the Lake

Special Ops Chinooks at the Lake

Just thought I would share this. Sent from a buddy at the north end of the lake this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVbW7cee9yc

I see fighter jets down on the deck all the time since they use the area for terrain following training but i have never see the Chinooks before....

Back in the late 90's I would see the jets doing that north of Bouse in the winter, second time through they would be higher.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Back in the middle to late '60s, I once had a couple of B-52s pass directly overhead at what seemed like brushing the tree tops altitude. I was deep in the mountains of S.E. Oklahoma at the time. It was totally mind blowing - seemed like the world was coming to an end when I first heard them in the distance right before they roared overhead. I suspect they came from I.V's base in Louisiana, but much too early for him to have been there.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke