Thread: Checking in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Checking in

Down at my sister's. Dad has got a few hours left. O2 sat of60%, agonal breathing, heart rate 120 unconscious. Hospice nurse is keeping him comfortable with morphine. He had a good 96 year run. The family is here and we are comfortable with the end. He is in his own room in his own bed with family as it should be.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Having recently endured this with my own Mom, Eric, you have my heartfelt sympathy......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My sympathy as well.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Hang in there man you're really tough guy and like you said he had a good long run it's never easy but at least you had a long time with him
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Dad passed away peacefully at 8:10 this morning. I'm glad that I got the opportunity to say goodbye.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

It's a rare opportunity, Eric...I was sitting with my Mom when she passed away...It was about 45 minutes before the hospice nurse returned and pronounced her...I didn't look at as an advantage at the time, but now I'm glad I had those few minutes alone to say goodbye...It helped......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...