Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magnum Fever......

Sporter contour, yes, mcmillan. I dont do it at 100 (vertical string) so signs point to shooter error I would blame input bias because I sometimes find myself cheating by trying to sneak a little closer to the holes I see, but you cant see those tiny holes at 600 with my equipment. I think I might have been snuggling up to the gun a little more in an attempt to hold the muzzle down so I could watch the impact dust cloud.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Like Dave said, plenty good! I doubt I could even see the target, even with a good scope, at 600 yards!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I think I might have been snuggling up to the gun a little more in an attempt to hold the muzzle down so I could watch the impact dust cloud.
    That would do it...Trying to fight recoil is self-defeating...A heavier barrel might improve groups, but would also be a lot to tougher to tote since it is a hunting tool...Still at 600 yards, that group is adequate for an elk hunt, no problem......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...