Thread: JUST TO KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JUST TO KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE

---I don't want to suggest that trump lies---but when he tells you that the Chinese are paying the tariffs---he is lying.

From July 2018 to July of this year tariffs have totaled $63 billion---all paid by you and me.

Make no mistake---the Chinese problem needs fixed----but any suggestion that it will not be costly--to you and me is simply trump chit.

Added in edit: The above is taken from this morning's WSJ. The article went on to say that these tariffs, if continued, could total $100 billion by year end. I am not sure that we had a viable alternative---we had already given away the farm when we awarded China "permanent favored nation status" in 2001.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 08-07-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis