Thread: Repairing Your Car in Your Own Garage Illegal in Sacramento, California

Repairing Your Car in Your Own Garage Illegal in Sacramento, California

Amazing!

An excerpt from the zoning code reveals that residents of the county are permitted to perform "minor automotive repair" at their respective domiciles, so as long as they are working on a car which is registered to someone who lives there. However, the code also states that the repair must be minor (which is defined as "brake part replacement, minor tune-up, change of oil and filter, repair of flat tire, lubrication and other similar operations") and cannot be performed outdoors if the repair would leave the vehicle inoperable for more than 24 hours.
    Point Your Torque Wrench Here
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I guess it's good I haven't been in Sacramento this year, or my new domicile might have been San Quentin......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Well, I guess I'd be in jail, then. Owning a home, and having a garage to work on cars in, is one of my favorite things to do. My wife and I both got under my JK-8 Jeep to install the front lift. We enjoyed it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    My wife and I both got under my JK-8 Jeep [snip] We enjoyed it.

Hunter
    Dang it! Not the Bilge......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Ben may well know that my wife and I were involved in such trysts when younger. Those were good days.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Ben may well know that my wife and I were involved in such trysts when younger. Those were good days.

Hunter
    It's really tough to hide from those surveillance drones......Ben

Hunter
    Did you know each other back then?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Did you know each other back then?
    I met Ben several years ago when he came to Salt Lake. We toured the Capital building together.

I met my wife 31 years ago, just as she turned 22 and was graduating college.

Hunter

I met Ben several years ago when he came to Salt Lake. We toured the Capital building together.

I met my wife 31 years ago, just as she turned 22 and was graduating college.

Hunter
    I meant you and your wife while you were having trysts, as in with who were you having these trysts with? Joking
    This is your mind on drugs!

My liver wished this had been the case when I went thru my classic bronco phase.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    I went thru my classic bronco phase.
    Ahhh…. reminds me of my Bronco days. I had a '67 with 3 in the tree shifting. One of the many vehicles I wish I had kept in the stable.

Hunter