Thread: Rehab after a month

Rehab after a month

Well I know it's been a while since I gave an update on the "new knee" so here goes. Yesterday was just over 5 weeks of rehab.

Progress is bending with me just moving the leg back is at 114 degrees, with them pushing and holding just 119. Amount you want to reach is 120. Must say that was a painful stretch to get the 119 though. Still feeling it today.

Extension or how flat you leg is on a level table. Zero is the where you want to be and I was at 2 degrees.

Over all I where they want me to be after 8 weeks. It's all good.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Very good Fred---keep it up---the PT I mean
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Good job.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

PT SUCKS but is an evil necessity.

Got the bride out of Hospital rehab and home yesterday. Operation was on the 16th .Today was her first At home rehab. She currently has 94% bend and a 3 % extension. P T says about four weeks at home rehab 3 days a week , then to out patient for a while.

Sounds good to me. Keep it up.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Sounds good so far IV. Tell her to keep up the good work.
    Fred

stayed alive."

All progress is better than no progress......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    All progress is better than no progress......Ben
    And without hard work there is no progress---keep at it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

A quick update on the bride. It will be one month post op tomorrow. 115 deg bend and 3 deg flat. No need for walker or cane at this time. P T says one more week of home PT and most likely nothing after that. Worst pain was about a 6 . No opioids after hospital. one Advil prior to PT. Things are looking good.

Very good IV---give her five for me

Sounds great IV.
    Fred

stayed alive."