Thread: Congressperson Cortez speaks her mind...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Congressperson Cortez speaks her mind...

Leaving no doubt she meant every word she said......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aoc_quote.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	36995
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What do you expect from her? She has proven time and time again that she is not on the same planet as most of the rest of us. The best thing we can hope for is her losing the next election.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The best thing we can hope for is her losing the next election.
    That will only happen if her constituents are any smarter than she is...And although that seems like a low bar to hurdle, don't forget they elected her in the first place......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The bigger issue is that she isn't dumb---and her constituents equate noise to value---not any different than trump's followers.

Living in the Bronx would cause me to think that I had no control beyond myself and that means no opportunity to go beyond the state that I am in today. Then someone stands up from beside you, makes noise and seemingly the world listens---she becomes your source of hope
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The bigger issue is that she isn't dumb---
    I give you that probably she is not "dumb"............Completely uniformed absolutely. Without the left wing medias adoration of her she would not even be a blip on the radar. Just another powerless freshman member of the Congress.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Ahhh… the results of Democracy. It can be a knife that cuts both ways. It is what it is, whether we support the results or not.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead