Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
I check my banks and credit cards daily. It really does not take long if you're used to doing it.
I do the same thing, sometimes a few times a day if I'm expecting a charge, or a credit...I've never used Paypal, I had always heard it was ripe for fraud...Yesterday I first thought why didn't they call me, or email me when this occurred?...Then I thought about all the scam emails and phone calls that are so prevalent, and I would have probably either dismissed the email to spam or just not answered the phone number I didn't recognize...They did it right, and good on 'em...

When I checked this morning, all charges and credits on that account had been cleared, probably already on my new account, and the account is marked "blocked"...As long as they transfer my accrued points to the new card, I'm OK...I use certain cards for certain purchases...I have one that pays 3% for groceries, one for fuel at 3% and one for medical expenses at 3%...I've had my Discover Card for 33 years and the only thing I use it for is whatever category they're paying 5% on for this quarter...Everything else I used my now-cancelled card for at 2%...There is no annual fee with any of them, and I pay off the balance each month so there is never an interest charge...I get paid for spending whatever I was going to spend anyway...

I've got the same six dollars in my pocket right now that I had when I quit buying lottery tickets in January......Ben