Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally feeling like being here again.

I'm beginning to think all this will be beyond my doing......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm going to need both replaced some day, soon. Not looking forward to it but it is getting to the point that anything requiring stepping up or down is not working. I bought this house and have only been into the basement maybe a dozen times.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

It's good to see you back, Fred.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

AT 2:15 today my bride was moved to a rehab facility. ...........Progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    AT 2:15 today my bride was moved to a rehab facility. ...........Progress.
    Excellent!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'm beginning to think all this will be beyond my doing......Ben
    Ben I giving you the good and the bad points of the recovery. I was am lucky that my wife was able to take some time off and help out.

I would think you should check with the VA if you are eligible if not then with your DR and Medicare. Recovery is doable with support form all of those plus there should be options for people that can help. Not here but in the next county over there's bus service right to your door, here there are volunteers to help get you to PT and back.

Hey the house may look like a mess for a while until you are back on you feet, but you'll feel a lot better once you explore the possibilities.

IV-- that's great news. Hopefully you can be there and help figure out what all has to be done once she gets back home.

Blue took me over a year of waiting for one of our vendors to come back from a bad fall where she broke her ankle and foot. She had a 2nd surgery last Dec and it helped with the foot but there was a lot of nerve damage and she hasn't been able to put that type of pain away and may never be able to. So I decided to quit waiting as walking was to painful as it was bone on bone. Did the left one in Feb and and about 3/4 the way thru since it was feeling better the other one started up. Got that one done in June. So My advice is get er done if you can. Try to get both in the same year so insurance doesn't kick in with two deductibles.

Thanks Hunter great to be back..
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post

Blue took me over a year of waiting for one of our vendors to come back from a bad fall where she broke her ankle and foot. She had a 2nd surgery last Dec and it helped with the foot but there was a lot of nerve damage and she hasn't been able to put that type of pain away and may never be able to. So I decided to quit waiting as walking was to painful as it was bone on bone. Did the left one in Feb and and about 3/4 the way thru since it was feeling better the other one started up. Got that one done in June. So My advice is get er done if you can. Try to get both in the same year so insurance doesn't kick in with two deductibles. ......
    I will sign up for Medicare in December so thinking about 2020. It keeps me from from doing a lot that I used to do. Thanks for the tip about the deductibles.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson