Thread: Sad news for me

Sad news for me

We came up to the cottage yesterday. I made my normal stops, first my Amish green grocer and then my butcher shop---and that is when my day turned south.

They are closed---after more than 100 years they have closed.

I knew that it was for sale but this was unexpected---I will miss them---and their excellent meats.

Last night my wife and I went to see "Guys and Dolls" at the Community League Theater and that made for an enjoyable evening.

This morning there were two turkey hens in the back yard with their broods. I counted nine but there could have been more. They were no more than 6" tall.

We are soon off to our fish monger and then Mass and followed by brunch at the Bull Frog Brewery, listen to some live jazz, enjoy a lingering brunch---and a couple of excellent beers. Somehow having a beer right after church seems enticingly naughty
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

You should try having a beer during church

I never mix wine and beer

We had a pleasant surprise at the Bull Frog. The original drummer (Steve Mitchell ) for this group came in while we were there. He is a great and eccentric old (but younger than me) fellow (I believe he has 2 Grammy Awards). He has always had shoulder length hair and a long beard---all curly----and when he was playing he always had a fan blowing on him---which both kept him cool and created a wild man image as it blew his copious hair about. His health has been failing for the last couple of years but I always send my good wishes with the other group members. Today---for the first time in probably 2 years for us he came in. His hair is shorter--but still wild, he is in a wheel chair and has oxygen on---but he was in good spirits and obviously glad to be there---and I was glad to see him

It is possibly the greatest aspect of this area. We are the last place on the power line, we share our place in the woods with wildlife from bears to song birds and in less than 30 minutes we can be in the cultural center of north central Pa--and that is very cool
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-30-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis