Thread: Last Corvette

Last Corvette

Well the last front engine Corvette has been manufactured. The end of an era. Corvette enthusiasts are however completely giddy and anxiously awaiting the first ever mid engine Corvette coming off the line in December. It will become an instant classic. If you had an extra 70K laying around it would be a good one to put up and preserve for the grand kids. It will no doubt be very valuable in 50 or so years especially if kept pristine.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Zora Duntov pushed hard for a mid-engine Vette...I think this one will do well......Ben
    "Only those who fear the truth are compelled to lie..." - Unheralded author...

Well, it's about time Chevrolet responded to the pressure to field a mid-engine Corvette.

I've owned three Vettes, and will be in line for a new one.

Hunter
    "Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

I will be tempted very tempted but I don't think I'll pull the trigger on a brand new one
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Too much car for these old bones. I would do something stupid, but it looks fantastic. Will it still be plastic?
    ”Life is tough; tougher if you are stupid.” — John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    Too much car for these old bones. I would do something stupid, but it looks fantastic. Will it still be plastic?
    I am sure it will be partly "plastic" but Corvettes have traditionally been fiberglass. Who knows what this total redo will be other than real fast.............that's a given.

It's official...The new C8 will be a Stingray......Ben

Yes I saw that and I think the unveiling is this week. I am excited for the future of Corvettes. Wonder how much over sticker the stealerships with jack the price of the initial offerings.

It also looks like the new Vette will have an exotic new engine as an option for the better heeled speed demons among us...Talk is of a larger version of the Cadillac Blackwing, turbocharged and sporting twin overhead cams...Hunter, what kind of trade in do you think they might give you when you get your Duramax Colorado back?......Ben

The new ‘Vette will be in the super car class at 1/10 the price.
    It will probably still have a stinking Bose in it.
    ”Life is tough; tougher if you are stupid.” — John Wayne