Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last Corvette

The wife would let me go see it the other day, so maybe later this week. Just hope they made it so us taller guys can get in it.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

OK, Which one of you wants to gift me the needed 60 grand ?.

I'm not sure they are out yet. Will hopefully stop by the Chevy dealer this Friday. last one I tried to get into was not a great experience. Wife said I could get one if I could get into it. Took about 5 minute to fold my 6'5" into it but though that would would for every day driving.
    Fred

stayed alive."

Fred I think it is going to be several several months before they will be in dealerships. Chevy is going to take a few around in a mobile showroom. I seriously doubt there will be that many to look at since I predict the entire years production will be sold out.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    I'm not sure they are out yet. Will hopefully stop by the Chevy dealer this Friday. last one I tried to get into was not a great experience. Wife said I could get one if I could get into it. Took about 5 minute to fold my 6'5" into it but though that would would for every day driving.
    The top removes, you might stick up above the windshield a bit. That $60,000.00 is for the base model, if you want to go faster it's going to cost.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    That $60,000.00 is for the base model, if you want to go faster it's going to cost.
    With base hovering around 490 HP and a screaming 0-60 in under three seconds the need for more speed would be reserved only for the most demanding.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    With base hovering around 490 HP and a screaming 0-60 in under three seconds the need for more speed would be reserved only for the most demanding.
    If I need to be somewhere any quicker than that, I'll just leave the house sooner......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

This is a really good view of the new Vette with Jay Leno. Take a look, if you didn't want one after looking at this you will. The video is hosted by Leno and the chief engineer of the new Vette.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/ca...over-jay-leno/

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    The video is hosted by Leno and the chief engineer of the new Vette.

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/07/ca...over-jay-leno/
    There's something strangely familiar about that video......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    There's something strangely familiar about that video......Ben
    Ha ha........ I'm not retired yet so I don't have your resources

If I need to be somewhere any quicker than that, I'll just leave the house sooner......Ben
    With you on that Ben. Just leave earlier.
    Fred

stayed alive."

I'm finding the generosity of forum members somewhat lacking. Why has no one offered to gift me the 60 K as yet ?. Scheeese, you'd think all y'all were as poor as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I'm finding the generosity of forum members somewhat lacking. Why has no one offered to gift me the 60 K as yet ?. Scheeese, you'd think all y'all were as poor as I am.
    Poorer
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Hunter, here's how you could still order your new Vette with a stickshift...Sort of...

Don't sign those papers just yet......Ben

...Sort of...
    Hmmm... sounds complex, the kind of complexity that would be prone to failure.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead