Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Step More

One Step More

I had a follow-up today with the heart surgeon---and in his words---"you have graduated"

I am off warfirin and will start Pravix tomorrow for 6 months and then I'm good to go with just a baby aspirin.

To celebrate my graduation I stopped at the store on the way home and got a BIG bag of spinach and an even bigger bag of collard greens. I put a pot of my "green soup" on as soon as I got home

Having to manage the warfirin, which forced me to drop greens from my diet was truly a quality of life issue. I knew it would end and so I managed to practice restraint---but I am glad it is over.

As for my stepper---I will do 1600 today--besting my previous high of 1500

Added in edit----make that 2000!
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-21-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Very good news, Dave. I saw my cardiologist last week and he found me good to go for another six months until the next appointment.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Good for you

I see my regular cardiologist tomorrow afternoon and expect to be back on 6 month intervals.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It's nice to have good news from the crew.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

awesome news Dave

Me I'm walking with no pain and very little swelling at the end of the day and I have regained full mobility of my ankle
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    awesome news Dave

Me I'm walking with no pain and very little swelling at the end of the day and I have regained full mobility of my ankle
    Excellent

Dumbass me was working on top of my truck Wednesday when I lost my balance, and fell backward...I was wearing my Reeboks and one foot caught enough traction to slow the fall, but twisted my left foot under me...I was able to get up after a while, but I knew my left ankle and knee were hurt, so I found a stopping place, and called it a day...I keep a walking stick in my truck because I get recurring, unannounced sciatica attacks, so I was able to hobble into the house with my puppy...The next morning, yesterday, was when I knew I'd be limping for a while...

This is inconvenient as Hell...I'm glad you guys are improving though......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I have to ask for my wife ---did you see a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I have to ask for my wife ---did you see a doctor?
    Thank your wife for her concern, but tell her my present income will not support the addition of any more freeloading doctors than I currently employ on the payroll......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Thank your wife for her concern, but tell her my present income will not support the addition of any more freeloading doctors than I currently employ on the payroll......Ben
    I will do that---but I know her response will be---by not going you might pay more in the end

I will do that---but I know her response will be---by not going you might pay more in the end
    I suppose we each play the cards life has dealt us; faith and fortune decide the outcome......Ben

I suppose we each play the cards life has dealt us; faith and fortune decide the outcome......Ben
    Not if you are arguing with my wife---in her opinion---she determines the outcome

Not if you are arguing with my wife---in her opinion---she determines the outcome
    Fortunately (or not) I am neither blessed nor encumbered with one of those......Ben

Fortunately (or not) I am neither blessed nor encumbered with one of those......Ben
    I remind myself that there are reasons that we have made it 52 years---and so I won't tell her you said that

I hope you all are feeling well. I admit to being a little scared of getting old.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.