Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is going on in the Dominican Republic

What the hell is going on in the Dominican Republic

My gosh people are falling off like flies. This is no coincidence I think the death toll of Americans is up to 9 about now. I'm really surprised the state department has not stepped in and been more aggressive.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm thinking bad drugs.....

I've provisioned half a dozen times in the DR and every time the delivery driver taking us from the Mercado to the boat at the dock offered us cocaine....

The hits just keep on coming. Surprised that there does not seem to be any interest in it around here. Well no I am not.................

https://www.foxnews.com/world/kansas...hs-there-to-11
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Surprised that there does not seem to be any interest in it around here. Well no I am not.................
    It's not lack of interest, Tom, it's lack of any meaningful input......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah you are right. This to me is a very serious situation. Can't recall anything ever like this with our citizens killing off like flies back to back to back in a foreign country and NOTHING from the State Department. Screw the DR tourist income. I guess if we are not arguing about Trump it is no "fun".

My Nephew did an LDS Church mission to the DR. He came back from his mission with serious injuries from being assaulted during two robberies. But, like every other returned missionary, he thinks he gained more from his mission than the destitute people he served.

I doubt very much my wife and I will go to the DR in the future.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

My question is. How many other nationalities have had the same problem ?. I have not heard of anyone other than Americans dieing. Are we the only ones going on vacation there ?.

Bad drugs....

I can't think of a single reason to visit the Dominican Republic. It is a third world nation, enter at your own risk!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Earlier mysterious deaths are being reported now...
    The families of Chris Palmer — a 41-year-old Army veteran from Kansas who died on April 18, 2018, and Barbara Diane Maser-Mitchell, a 69-year-old retired nurse from Pennsylvania who died on Sept. 17, 2016 — came forward to Fox News to report their deaths.
    I'm with Mike on this...I haven't lost anything in slum nations, and I certainly won't risk losing my life in any of them......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Must be a cheap vacation or something. No appeal whatsoever to me and after all this anybody that would go down their is nuts.

Very cheap...Like I said before I've provisioned there for a reason, it's cheap and convenient... A case of Presidente beer was dirt cheap and they had all the staples we needed...

I still hold out for the fact they will rule that the heart issues were drug induced..Bad/ Good cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I still hold out for the fact they will rule that the heart issues were drug induced..Bad/ Good cocaine.
    Why would anyone have to travel to a garbage dump like the DR to get cocaine?...The US is already drowning in it...17 tons of it was impounded in one find in Philadelphia, and I would guess that set the drug cartels back about 20 minutes in production......Ben

I never said they traveled to the DR to get cocaine.... I said it's offered everywhere you go... Traveling tourist with unknown heart issues may be curious and give it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I never said they traveled to the DR to get cocaine.... I said it's offered everywhere you go... Traveling tourist with unknown heart issues may be curious and give it a try...
    I think you may be onto something right there