Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The homeless issue in America

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    "you get back what you send out"---I have found much wisdom in those words
    No kidding, who whizzed in my cheerios. Since I'm batching it I blame the dog.

We have been helping the homeless since I can remember and nothing has changed. The permissiveness that has been the feel good policy for the last who knows how long is a failure.

People are frustrated and are beginning to demand that these people make some effort to help themselves. Google Denver initiative 300 (i would post a link but cant on this ipad). 83 % of people in Denver voted against turning their city into a santuary.

You bums out there reading this on your taxpayer furnished devices - get the help you need and take the initiative to turn your life around.

There I feel better.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

There I feel better.
    Let it not be said, that we have not accomplished anything in this thread
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not to throw cold water on an inspirational story, but it didn't sound likely that the elders would introduce a new pastor without already knowing who and exactly where he was...Snopes says they can't find a real Jeremiah Steepek, and that it likely never happened...However, some elements of the story may be true......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Shame on me for not checking

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Shame on me for not checking
    Back to Remedial Investigative Reporting 101 in summer school for you, Dave......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I guess

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"