Thread: Chasing Eric

Chasing Eric

I recently added a new tread mill under my desk

Now all I have to do is continue to use it

When I check the monitor, I look at the number of "steps" and "distance"---I tend to ignore the calories----last I looked it was at 38
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

excellent low impact way to strengthen your heart Dave. baby steps
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I continue to use this religiously--and I see the results. Some good, some not so good

I have it in my office at home and I have an iron clad rule, if I go to the bathroom I have to get on the stepper.
    Clearly it is helping to strengthen my legs.

I began at power level 1 and now today moved up to 6---one level at a time. I stay right around 2500 steps/day---beyond that my knees begin to revolt, and that is the down side.

I think I am about to buy another for my city office. It also helps keep swelling down in my lower legs--especially the damaged one.

I'm of the mind that anything that makes me move is a good thing

Which brings another thought to mind

The Battle Creek Vibratory Chair---invented about 1900 by one Dr. John Harvey Kellogg---who also invented cornflakes.

The "premise" of this imaginative chair was that it would over a short time simply shake the chit out of you ---no prunes required

All indications are that it didn't work out---no pun intended
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	37142  

Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-01-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hmm, that thing looks a lot like the electric chair used for executions.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Probably gain a few pounds since the wife over bought candy to pass out in the store last night. May need to get back on the recumbent bike again as it's great exercise.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'