Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sphere Las Vegas Project near Strip

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ....but its a dry heat...
    Great. You can have it, my friend.

Getting into a 100+ F degree car is no longer on my list of things I need to do.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That is why I have a auto start on my truck... I push a button and it starts with the AC on high... If running into a store for a quick errand I don't even turn it off... makes it convenient to take the dog along everywhere I go.

Getting into a 20* car is not on my list either

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    In June....

I'll admit the weather in Phx can be warm during the summer but with the monsoons cooling off the afternoons I'm good with it until Sept and by then I'm ready for it to be over. For me it's worth it for the amazing weather we have the rest of the year. You don't have to shovel sunshine
    Amen Bo.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

That is why I have a auto start on my truck... I push a button and it starts with the AC on high... If running into a store for a quick errand I don't even turn it off... makes it convenient to take the dog along everywhere I go.

Getting into a 20* car is not on my list either
    I do the auto start also Bo. The ac doesn't chill until the key is in the ignition so, I don't mind just getting in and driving off. Yes it' warm for a few minutes but the AC actually cools better at a lower fan speed after the same few minutes. So by the time I'm out of the parking lot and waiting for the light to change it's cool enoughto drive home. Maybe I to used to the warm weather.

As for the snow, I don't even think I have any "winter clothes" left in the closet. T's and shorts is about all I have left, with a jacket for the monsoon rain.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ahhh… yes, my wife has jumped off the Stratosphere as well. She loved every second of it. Me, not gonna happen.

Hunter

I love the fact that Nurse Paula can keep up with me in the gravity department. She even has 6 tandem jumps now ( I have been trying to convince her to give AFF 1 a shot but she has a fear of landing her own canopy so I don't push it) and has been begging for us to go do the bootleg canyon zip line when I get another job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strat3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	36938  

While living in Las Vegas would certainly present challenges I think it would be a great place to live especially if you like shows and have the need for entertainment and that's a big part of your life. I can certainly think of a lot of worse places to retire. Despite what some may think about Las Vegas it is challenging New York City in every way as far as Ambience and culinary activities. For the folks that so like the Northeast and the sump pump that it has become let them have it. Westward Ho
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I love the fact that Nurse Paula can keep up with me in the gravity department.
    We should get the two of them together someday.

My wife discovered she LOVES jumping out of planes. I patiently watch from a safe place on the ground.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You really need to do it at least once!!!!!

Skydive Mesquite gets good reviews but is primarily a 182 jump plane with the occasional caravan thrown in. Slow trip to altitude but fun to hang from the wing strut on exit.