Thread: Supressor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Maxmum velocity and the lengths some people will go.
    In some of my recent research on naval rifles I read of the common practice in years past of making seagoing gun barrels as long as possible thinking that this one factor increased range and accuracy...As scientific study took hold, it was discovered that at some point in each case extra length was detrimental, and actually worked against the desired result...When the guys with the slide rules took over design, efficiency in battle became the watchword at sea, but the beautiful designs on the outside of the barrels disappeared...

One of my go-to sources on ballistics has always been "Hatcher's Notebook"...Some of his research is approaching 100 years old, and still valid......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Well this may be all for naught a bill has been introduced in Congress to outlaw them....................
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not gonna happen.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    If it doesn't, Wayne LaPierre will be happy to take credit...If it does happen, he'll say, "If you had only sent me more money"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...