Thread: My son is going to go pick up a couple of these tomorrow

My son is going to go pick up a couple of these tomorrow

Since he was promoted to Captain one of his duties is fleet management. They are going to buy the first of these type vehicles tomorrow. After purchase they expect to spend about 12k more to trick it out and custom paint the theme they use. Hope they work out because they ain't cheap.

https://www.gmfleet.com/specialty-ve...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

They've been in use here for some time, very versatile...Most of them get used by supervisors although some are assigned to patrol also...I have a friend who serves as one of the mental health deputies...He drives one most days, but he also has an MB Sprinter van when he has a stack of warrants......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    They've been in use here for some time, very versatile...Most of them get used by supervisors although some are assigned to patrol also...I have a friend who serves as one of the mental health deputies...He drives one most days, but he also has an MB Sprinter van when he has a stack of warrants......Ben
    Ha, yes one is going to the Chief and one to my son. The cruisers are Dodge Chargers.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I have always had a problem with the newest and best vehicles going to those who need them the least. That plagued my department.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I have always had a problem with the newest and best vehicles going to those who need them the least. That plagued my department.
    I completely agree and stated my opinion as such. My son agrees in principal but according to him that is the way the chief rolls and he has only been captain a few weeks. Luckily the fleet is fairly new with the oldest charger around 2 years and nothing with over 70k on the odo.

That's a really young fleet for around here. They are fortunate.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Small department in a City flush with cash. We have Honda here so everything has to be first class. They have 18 charger cruisers, four explorers, one Dodge Ram 4x4 and the soon to be added Tahoe's. They have about 6 utility cruisers if needed. They are mostly ragged out.

I think the Tahoes are a top pick. I'd have wanted one as an agent.

At 6'4", there's just not enough room for me in most vehicles - except trucks.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead