Thread: The Most Succient and Powerful Bible Verse

The Most Succient and Powerful Bible Verse

For me, it's "Jesus wept." From, the Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.

This verse occurs in John's narrative of the death of Lazarus of Bethany, a follower of Jesus. Lazarus's sisters - Mary and Martha - sent word to Jesus of their brother's illness and impending death, but Jesus arrived four days after Lazarus died. Jesus, after talking to the grieving sisters and seeing Lazarus's friends weeping, was deeply troubled and moved. After asking where Lazarus had been laid, and being invited to come see: Jesus wept. - Wikipedia

My friends will surely remember what Jesus did with Lazarus, once Jesus found him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_wept

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 always comforted me in troubled times...
    1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

KJV
    To me it means better times are coming......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 always comforted me in troubled times...To me it means better times are coming......Ben
    The Air Force Chaplain said those words and my father in Laws Funeral at Arlington

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Good work, my friends. I think we've shown what matters to us in this area.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

You can find a bible verse to address just about anything you will face in life. It's truly a remarkable document.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    My church preach's hell and damnation, so get it all and often leave wondering what I've done wrong now.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You can find a bible verse to address just about anything you will face in life. It's truly a remarkable document.
    An excellent stance.

Hunter