Thread: new tires

new tires

After Ruths blow out on one of the rear duallys. I put all new tires in the rear ( did the fronts less than 2 years ago). I wasn't going to wait for another one to go.

meats

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

So what kind? I need new tires again. I had a set of whatever came on it (f350-20's) that lasted barely 25k, then I switched to these $$$ Hankooks that will last over 35k but dayum they are expensive. I got a set of Kellys from the local dealer for my wifes f150 but thats apples/oranges. Im looking for something that wears well on a gravel road.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Nice deep tread...What brand?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Mastercraft Courser AXT LT 265/70R17 $138 EA at Walmart.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Mastercraft Courser AXT LT 265/70R17 $138 EA at Walmart.
    It's a Cooper product, so there shouldn't be any problem getting them warrantied anywhere you go...I like the tread pattern on them too...Where were they made?...I was always skittish about off-brand, foreign made tires until this year...I wanted my usual Michelins for my current ride, but at $435.00 each it wasn't going to happen...I took a chance on Chinese made Roadlux tires at $174.00 each, and so far I'm happy with them...They ride smooth, balanced well and I kept $1827.00 in my pocket...I even sold my take-offs for another $500.00...As that old philosopher once said:
    Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    Money is how you keep score.
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...