Thread: On the lecture circuit

On the lecture circuit

Last week I was driving home at about 2 in the morning. I was pulled over by a local policeman. He asked me where I was going at that time of night. I told him I was going to a lecture on the evils of drinking and the effect alcohol has on the human body.

With a smile and the look of disbelief on his face he asked, "At this time of the morning? Who exactly is giving this lecture" ? I replied, "My wife"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke