Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nearing Completion

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Holy cow just anchoring that tubing takes some work. Shortening up will help but could they pick something heavier? The only things we did were cable stays and post-tensioning (or prestressing for you purists). We were crude You need a long drill bit to drill those prestressing strand ducts.
    I'm afraid with all the inclusions, fissures and veins present in marble any attempt at post-tensioning would result in some very expensive Italian gravel
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post

The current rate for carpenters in Manhattan working a 7 hour day is $1000/day.
    I remember some awesome bid reviews with the NY hot shots. My favorite: where are the operators for the light plants? People don't realize what an expensive and complicated place to work the city is. I have some cool WTC various stage of completion pictures somewhere I should post up someday.

On edit: Im not sure thats even a burdened labor rate
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.