Thread: Ruth's Roadside Tire Service

Ruth's Roadside Tire Service

Ruth never ceases to amaze me. She and Barbara rolled out of here at 4am in the F350 dually/ Lance 1055, hooked up the horse trailer loaded the horse and headed for the Del Mar CDI in San Diego. About 10:30 am I get a text that they blew the inner right Dually tire but are safely off the side of I 5 near hwy 166 ( close to the Grapevine) she called US rider. two hours for them to get some out to change the tire (AAA says no due to the loaded horse trailer). Ruth got frustrated,and called me to help her locate the tools. First thing she had to do was remove the half blown off (but intact) dually fender and disconnect the marker light wires. Then I helped her locate the jack, 30" long torque wrench, lug socket and long extension, wheel chocks, and spare tire lowering kit. . She chocked the wheels , crawled under lance and dropped the spare (no need to raise the camper on its jacks for access) then loosened the lugs used the 12 ton bottle jack to raise the whole rig. swapped out the blown tire put everything back together torqued it down and had every thing stowed and was on her way before the roadside guys showed up. She found a tire shop in Lebec and bought a new tire and was back in business. One tough 58 year old woman, I married the right one ( or did she marry me?)...they will hit San Diego in another 3 hours
    new tires for the rig will be forthcoming

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190423-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	36904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20190423-WA0002.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	36905

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Holy cow, we had truckdrivers who wouldn't do that. Good on her. I see a lot of gals alone and pulling big horse trailers on the highway around here headed to rodeos somewhere. Brave.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

As for the question: "I married the right one ( or did she marry me?)..."

Don't know who is getting the better part of the deal. But enjoy it every day.

Hat's off to her.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I married the right one ( or did she marry me?)
    I know at least one of you came out ahead...I think it was you......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

And at the same time she had the good sense to call you to make sure she wasn't going to kill herself. The more you post about her the more I respectfully admire her. I hope I said that right.
    This is your mind on drugs!