Thread: I quit...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I quit...

If you're going to say it, say it with style......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I quit every once and awhile too---and then my boss tells me to get back to work
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I wish I could quit... I've been laid off 3 times in the last 4 years...... Really getting tired of it. My plans of retiring at 60 and sailing away for a while have been shot to hell.

I feel for you Bo---when I got fired at 58 I was feeling a little shaky about the future as well. Things do have a tendency to work out.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

When they called me on January 6, 2018 after they had their say I explained to them that I was just waiting on Medicare that financially I could leave that day. I also told them I was meeting with a financial advisor to see my options. So in 2018 I got a dog, a house and a pontoon boat. So when they called me back in in March of this year, while they were going through their speal I was thinking of the thinks I need to do. Two week later I told them that April 17 would be my last day. My driver/manager just looked at me and I pointed to the screen with all the points for different videos.

Now I could see if I had wrecked a tractor or damaged a trailer or even ruined a load of freight but it was nothing like that. I had followed a car too close after it had cut into my lane and I did not apply the breaks. Or I stopped too fast for a red light. The one I liked was I had exceeded the number of lane departures. The could not even explain what that was.

I told them more than once in the last few years that I used to enjoy my job when I drove a truck but I hate video games.

Tomorrow I pick up a U-haul trailer and have to men coming to help load everything from my shed and head to Nebraska. Will be back in mid-July to get the fifth wheel and will come back in November to Quartzsite for the winter. Working on a plan where I can bring the boat back for the winter.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

I remember on particular employee who left. Her notice was running down the hall and crying. She never came back.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.