Thread: by gone days

by gone days

Maybe I’m starting to get older and more into reminiscing. But, I was just thinking today of what has happened to the boob tube. Not that many years ago one could turn it on and watch a variety show with good music, skits, and entertainment. Today, all you can get is opinion “ news “ or reality shows. . There are very few on air entertainment shows to watch. A couple of comedies, ie. Last Man Standing or ????????????? .

Perhaps it is time to turn it off for a bit and read some old books.

Maybe I'm lucky. Several of the channels on my TV service show old reruns. So, I can tune into Gilligan's Island or Have Gun, Will Travel. I particularly like the reruns of the original Twilight Zone. The Brady Bunch, I usually pass.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I don't turn it on much....Never watch cable news unless there is a hurricane or something like that happening... even then they bore me with blather after a half hour or so ...

Mary Ann.

I gave up cable TV last year...There are no local channels I can pick up without an antenna, and I'm too cheap to buy Netflix...Fortunately I've got volumes of DVD's to watch old B&W horror, war, comedy and western movies...I've got some of my favorite series like The Shield, The Prisoner and of course Have Gun, Will Travel...I don't miss cable TV a bit...Now back to my Three Stooge-a-Thon......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Freed myself of the idiot box over ten years ago. I do not miss it one bit
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Guess I am odd man out. I have 290 channels and that many or more sources on the internet and I love them all. So whatever.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.