Thread: Amazing Bridge Assembly Machine

Amazing Bridge Assembly Machine

This thing is massive! I wonder how it is moved to a different job?

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This thing is massive! I wonder how it is moved to a different job?
    My guess is they put it in reverse until they come to the fork in the road, then follow the tracks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That is amazing.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That is built by Beijing Wowjoint Machinery Co., Ltd. I have never seen one but did stumble on this machine on You Tube--and was amazed. Amazed from two aspects---the machine itself and secondly a new and novel approach to something by the Chinese--who are not normally very inventive.

As for transporting, I have no informed answer but would offer that it has to be able to break down in pieces that can be transported and to that end--keep in mind this is China and if the government wants to do something---they will, including shutting down highways in total to move this thing.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 04-14-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    a novel approach to something by the Chinese--who are not normally very inventive.
    They probably stole the idea from a captured Japanese engineer who they have chained to the wall in a prison cell......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Long way from bamboo scaffolding You can buy one on alibaba if you want. These are not uncommon here in the states. I would wager the technology was stolen from Europe. They have been building complicated infrastructure projects thru difficult terrain for a long time. Not that the great wall wasnt.

Most of the big stuff is designed to be disassembled. If it isnt it gets abandoned or scrapped. The coal mines here have buried draglines that arent worth scrapping. The last one i knew of they dropped the boom (300' ish long) like felling a tree and buried it in the pit. I hope they cant do that anymore. If i wasnt on an ipad i would post a link to a coal mine dragline. Also very impressive.

Cool video. I love big stuff.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Long way from bamboo scaffolding You can buy one on alibaba if you want. These are not uncommon here in the states. I would wager the technology was stolen from Europe. They have been building complicated infrastructure projects thru difficult terrain for a long time. Not that the great wall wasnt.

Cool video. I love big stuff.
    I finally got a chance to do a little research on this and you are right on. It seems to have been done first in the late 60's or early 70's in Switzerland.

Sure glad I can take back the kudos to the Chinese
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis