Thread: Just a suggestion

Just a suggestion

My wife got back a week ago from Paris. I didn't go, Paris is not one of my favorite spots, too damn may Frenchmen there

Anyway--it wasn't a very enjoyable trip for her--and I have to share some of the blame for I failed to properly prepare her. This was her first European trip without me. She was with her cousin who had been to Paris at least five times in the past.

She was using the subway, kudos for that, but she didn't recognize that public transportation of all kinds in Europe are hubs for gypsy bands. In all my travels, I have only been picked once and that was on a bus in Rome--and they got some of my cash. I never ever have everything in one place and my wallet never has any cash in it. In my wife's case, they got her wallet out of her purse, which included ALL of her cash, ALL of her credit cards plus her driver's license and all the rest of the stuff she carried.

Unfortunately, the trip got worse for my wife, their Airbnb apartment was broken into and they got her phone, tablet and some jewelry, which should never have been there!

Happily she made it home again--and now I will spend time in preparing her for an upcoming trip with me in May that begins in Budapest Hungary, one of the epicenters of the gypsy world.

Part of that preparation is getting her something I have used for years when I think it prudent; a pouch around my neck.

Some of you might find them to be useful. Since I wear it under my shirt it is not obvious and extremely difficult to get to (but never underestimate the ingenuity of a gypsy crook.)

Hopefully, my student will learn her lessons well.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Here is another suggestion that might work for you.

https://pocketbra.com/products/pocketbra
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I used to sell this in my store...I still have my own, but I don't think it will hold any of my .45's comfortably...I carried a .380 in it as an extra backup...But it also has a pouch built into the front which will hold cards or cash...I see the price hasn't changed too much in 11 years; went up ten bucks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...