Thread: About five miles from my house...

About five miles from my house...

This happened......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Dang that was $150,000 failure. I bet the guys just sick or said another way he may be happy that he's not dead. That's a beautiful airplane
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I wish I had know they were flying this weekend, I'd have gone out to see them...I saw four of them in formation through a cloud break yesterday, but they were so high I couldn't tell what they were...There's no mistaking that engine sound though......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quite a few war birds flying around here this time of year as well.... I always step out side when I hear them approaching.

. Just after 1:30 pm the aircraft which was landing experienced a landing gear collapse.
    What exactly does that mean Ben? "Collapse" is obvious, was it as simple as a pin breaking? Doesn't sound like it could be any kind of pilot error.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    What exactly does that mean Ben? "Collapse" is obvious, was it as simple as a pin breaking? Doesn't sound like it could be any kind of pilot error.
    Right now you know as much about the cause as I do, Mike...It had to be a mechanical, or maybe even hydraulic failure...We'll know when results of the investigation are published...But I think pilot error can be ruled out......Ben

Just stepped outside to see the local B-17 flying overhead... I love the spring time around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Just stepped outside to see the local B-17 flying overhead... I love the spring time around here.
    Yep...Texas Raiders is based at Conroe Airport, and I get to see it occasionally...Their normal route goes directly over my house, out to Lake Conroe, turnaround and back over my house again......Ben

Mine is the Sentimental Journey

https://commemorativeairforce.org/aircraft/1

I always like this story.... Blackbird pilot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyHH9G9et0