About four years ago I rode home to Salt Lake City from Las Vegas on the Extraterrestrial Highway. This road in Nevada is about 98 miles long and starts about 100 miles North East of Las Vegas. My story:

I was headed North on Highway 375 at 11pm after spending time at the Little A'Le'Inn in Rachel Nevada. Rachel has a population of 53 and the inn, the only business, is run by a mother and son duo. If you're thinking of going there, plan your fuel stops. For, there's no gas to be had once you've hit Rachel, not 'till Ely. And, trust me, there's not much out there in the dessert if you need something. If you want to camp in Rachel, bar staff will say “yes” if you merely ask.

So, I'm cruising at 60 MPH on my Harley Tri-glide and feeling good. It was a beautiful warm night and no one else was to be seen on the road (as I like it). Suddenly, headlights came up fast behind me at approximately 100 MPH. I slowed to let them pass. But, the lights disappeared. About 10 minutes later, the lights came up on me faster, at about 200 MPH, and I again slowed. After slowing to follow me for a minute, the lights pulled right up on me, then turned East and went out into the dessert. The lights then disappeared.

Now, I'm a regular attendee of the Bonneville Salt Flat speed trials, held every year on the Western Salt Flats of Utah every Fall. And, I've become fairly proficient at determining speeds across the dessert. I know of no vehicle, no matter what it's size or cost, that can go across open dessert at high speed. If you've seen the sagebrush desserts of Utah and Nevada, you know they're not flat at all. There's brush and insect mounds across it. It's bumpy land.

Thanks for listening. FWIW, I'm not into UFO stuff. And, I doubt most UFO stories I hear. Yet, I cannot explain what I saw out on the dessert that night. It's OK if others doubt me – I'm not here to convince you of UFO's. I just know I saw something that seemed to defy what I think most vehicles can physically do.

Hunter