Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Encounter on the Extraterrestrial Highway

I did the tour of the hotel when I was there

I believe it was while I was living there that the President of the LDS at the time (Gordon Hinckley) fully opened the records of that Massacre. I enjoyed hearing him speak and would try to tune in on Sunday evening to listen.

On another note---one of my less enjoyable days in that area occurred near Dugway. I was completely ignorant of what was there and apparently my wondering around in the desert came to the attention of security people who came out to discuss my future with me!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    On another note---one of my less enjoyable days in that area occurred near Dugway. I was completely ignorant of what was there and apparently my wondering around in the desert came to the attention of security people who came out to discuss my future with me!
    Ahhh… yes - what was called the Dugway Proving Grounds. It was a weapons destruction depot where nasty things like nerve gas were destroyed by burning them. It used to make the news when dozens of cows or sheep were killed by nerve gas leaks. You probably DON'T want to be out there. Now, it's mostly been shut down and is used to store chemical weapons sent here by other states.

I used to rabbit hunt out there when I was a teen.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Your mention of rabbit hunting makes me chuckle, that is what I was doing. I didn't have a gun out there plus had no interest in eating them so I was chasing them around!

Very interesting information, I have a lady friend who's father is a retired USAF Communications person and he was assigned to Area 51 and he refuses to talk about anything about it other than he worked on communications gear. The gentleman is very quiet and soft spoken but does not trust anybody.

Yes, Charles, it is interesting that so few of the workers from Area 51 are willing to talk.

I know an employee of the McCarren airport in Las Vegas. He claims there's an unmarked plane that comes to the airport daily to ferry staff in and out of Area 51. He showed me the plane, it sits in a small hanger complex on the West side of the airport, which runs along Las Vegas Blvd. You can see the small jet plane from the road. But, did I take pictures of it? No.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    But, did I take pictures of it? No.

Hunter
    This one?......Ben

By Tomás Del Coro from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - (EG & G) N288DP Boeing 737-600 C/N 29892, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...curid=58267079
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Cool thread !!!

For anyone that might be interested and thinks that Area 51 is an inactive site here is a copy of the current Janet Airlines flight schedule.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...z8Y/edit#gid=0
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This is an example of the culmination of testing that was going on in the area where Utah had his encounter around 4 years ago. Now Utah being the person there who saw what he saw could easily discount this as a possibility but I do know the proto types were tested extensively in that area for the last four or five years.

https://www.wpafb.af.mil/News/Articl...ugural-flight/
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

That's a beautiful pic of a craft you posted, Honda. And, you've done some excellent research.

Hunter

This one?...Ben

Yes - that sure looks like the Area 51 plane.

Hunter

That XQ-58A does not look like it would be capable of flying slow enough to pace someone doing less than 60mph?

Did you hear the UFO? Or was it silent?

It was silent. 'Course, my Harley was not stock, so it's hard to say what other sounds were occurring around me.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    This one?......Ben

By Tomás Del Coro from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - (EG & G) N288DP Boeing 737-600 C/N 29892, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...curid=58267079

FAA REGISTRY
    N-Number Inquiry Results
    N288DP is Assigned
    Data Updated each Federal Working Day at Midnight
    Print This Page Goto New Search Page
    Aircraft Description
    Serial Number 29892 Status Valid
    Manufacturer Name BOEING Certificate Issue Date 06/30/2009
    Model 737-66N Expiration Date 12/31/2020
    Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Multi-Engine Type Engine Turbo-fan
    Pending Number Change None Dealer No
    Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code (base 8 / oct) 50566014
    MFR Year None Mode S Code (base 16 / hex) A2EC0C
    Type Registration Government Fractional Owner NO
    Registered Owner
    Name DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE (USAF)
    Street 6082 FIR AVE BLDG 1232

City HILL AFB State UTAH
    County DAVIS Zip Code 84056-5820
    Country UNITED STATES
    Airworthiness
    Engine Manufacturer Unknown Classification Unknown
    Engine Model Unknown Category None
    A/W Date None Exception Code No

I am impressed. Another Cracker Barrel member shows how good research is done. Well done, IV.

Hunter