Thread: Ruth's latest competition ride

Ruth's latest competition ride

This is an Intermediate 1 Level Dressage Freestyle. the only ride more complex in her sport is Grand Prix. The movements have to be coordinated to the music and cover a set number and type of movement as well

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    The movements have to be coordinated to the music
    I gotta get the sound fixed on this computer......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Very nice--thank you.

I have a question for you: Does Wyleigh ever get out in a pasture and run around and kick like less refined horses?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Very nice--thank you.

I have a question for you: Does Wyleigh ever get out in a pasture and run around and kick like less refined horses?
    She spent the first 4 years of her life living in pasture with other mares learning to be a horse. She does get lunged in a round pen and put out in the turnouts every so often. she also gets 30 minutes in a hot walker to just walk and stretch every day. Every so often Ruth takes her out to the local park with some of the other ladies for some trail riding
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I am saddened to see that beautiful horse being abused. Dressage (the horse ballet) is nothing more than blood sport for the elite and the breaking of a horse's instincts and body forcing them to preform un natural movements. Rollkur is torture to a horse, totally against any of it's natural movements and the horse can not see or balance properly & is dependent on the rider and that causes more abuse. People think rodeo's are harmful to the horses and other animals, I've been going to rodeos all my life and nothing you see at a rodeo comes close to the abuse a Dressage horse is subject to.

Last edited by Charles; 03-13-2019 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Inserting a Video

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I am saddened to see that beautiful horse being abused. Dressage (the horse ballet) is nothing more than blood sport for the elite and the breaking of a horse's instincts and body forcing them to preform un natural movements. Rollkur is torture to a horse, totally against any of it's natural movements and the horse can not see or balance properly & is dependent on the rider and that causes more abuse. People think rodeo's are harmful to the horses and other animals, I've been going to rodeos all my life and nothing you see at a rodeo comes close to the abuse a Dressage horse is subject to.

Rolkur is cruel, and only an asshole would ever use it. It is banned here. Our horse has never been subject to it or side reins in training and never will be. If a trainer / coach ever suggested it they would be fired by us. What you are stating is just like saying that due to the tiki carrying idiots in Charleston all white people are racists. Don't paint the many due to the abhorrent actions of a few, you will also notice that Ruth does not carry a crop(short whip) she does not use one in training either.