Thread: I have a question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have a question

....and while it might seem silly I am dead serious.

First---as I understand it, under current law anyone who enters the US by any means cannot be deported without first being afforded a hearing which comes about only after a long wait. By the time of the hearing the "line crosser" may or may not show up.

So---unless I am wrong on that I have the following conundrum:

At the western terminus of the boarder the barrier runs a rather short way into the ocean. I have attached a picture below. Now--it would seem to me that anyone, swimmer or not, could easily wait until low tide, put on a life jacket and float along the barrier (and use the barrier) to go safely and quickly around the end and there you are in the land of milk and honey

Obviously, a decent swimmer would need no aid, or with a touch of forethought any type of raft or boat could be utilized to transport the entire family in safety.

So--what am I missing here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	36839  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis