Thread: Very interesting pistol

Very interesting pistol

I ran across this and did some research. Supposed to be a tack driver. Sometimes I look at it and like it other times not so much, but at over 500.00 I will not own one.

https://ruger.com/products/markIV224...ets/43910.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The 22/45 was always an OK gun, but I've never seen one I'd pay 5 bills for...But when I think of all the High Standards and Colt .22's I've bought and sold, I get heartsick because today I don't have any of them......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We got a couple of those (22/45 lite) for the kids to shoot. I dont like them but im spoiled. My biggest beef is that they dont always feed well. Really finnicky about how the magazine goes in. I suppose they shoot ok, minute of beer can for sure - but its hard to teach a kid to shoot when you get missfeeds. They also feel cheap and plastic compared to my MK II target or my colt match target.

I dont think i paid anywhere near $500 back then. If i did it again I would have plunked down the extra few bucks to get the bull barrel MK whatever they are up to now. $.02
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Well for plinking with a .22 I use a S&W Victory. Nice pistol.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This is the one I have. S&W 422

"It came threaded from the factory, but the "barrel nut" was used to affix the barrel to the frame. This made this pistol line perfect for use with a suppressor with an aftermarket adapter since the sights could still be utilized."

If I need to become a hitman in retirement.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    This is the one I have. S&W 422

"It came threaded from the factory, but the "barrel nut" was used to affix the barrel to the frame. This made this pistol line perfect for use with a suppressor with an aftermarket adapter since the sights could still be utilized."

If I need to become a hitman in retirement.
    That's a nice looking pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    That's a nice looking pistol.
    Thanks. Back when Wal-mart sold handguns, I bought it around 1991. One of the mechanics I worked with told me about it, they also had a plastic grip and fixed site one, he suggested this one.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson