Thread: Alabama tornadoes today...

Alabama tornadoes today...

Tom, Lee County is only about 100 miles from you...Any damage out your way?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

He posted down in Cheese and Crackers Ben.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Ben thank you for your concern at this point there's over 20 confirmed dead and many many many more injured. This is quite a disaster it happened probably like you said around 90 miles south of me I'm very familiar with the territory it's close to Auburn University. I hope the death toll does not continue to rise. Many of the small hospitals in that area are in full triage and it seems like they're quite overloaded. From what I can tell without doing too much research it was a massive tornado that hit a rural area and just tore it to bits. Anyway thanks again for your concern I'm quite alright
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Damn! That sucks! Just saw that on the news. My best wishes for all of those involved.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

NWS survey today put the tornado as a F4 with 170 mph winds. A mile wide with a 25 mile path. It was a monster.

Here is some raw storm chaser video. You can see the size of this monster at about the 1 minute mark. It's quite remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEsQGihuDRo
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.