Thread: Well said

Well said

In an article in today's WSJ regarding the growth of manufacturing jobs in the US---the article concluded with this:
    Dave Younge, an owner of Progressive Stamping & Fabrication LLC in Oklahoma City, which produces everything from seat-belt components to compressor parts, said manufacturing jobs will continue to require higher skills, such as familiarity with automation, computer technology and training in mathematics. He says more people should consider the industry, because many manufacturers often pay for employee training programs.

“Building things is fun,” Mr. Younge says. “My favorite group to pick on are political science majors. How many of those in our economy do we need?”
    I concur
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

“My favorite group to pick on are political science majors. How many of those in our economy do we need?”
    I don't know Dave my ex-wife had a bachelors in liberal arts. She's 40 years old and still answering phones, she did do rather well in our divorce though.
    Last edited by mgrist; 03-03-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    This is your mind on drugs!