Thread: My son just got a

My son just got a

Glock 31, 357 sig
    He actually traded his 224 or223 rifle for it. He wanted a 45 but didn’t have the patience to wait until one came along.
    Is the Glock 31 a decent gun? A place of ****? Any questions you could answer or thoughts on it would be apriciated.
    How’s the cost of ammo compared to a 45.
    This is your mind on drugs!

The .357 Sig is a great cartridge, and is a real hoot to shoot...I know he'll enjoy it...Maybe he'll even let Pop put a few rounds through it...

It was developed from the .40 S&W which was necked down to 9MM size, resulting in a bottleneck cartridge, something which hasn't always worked well in a pistol...Not many people know it but the 9MM cartridge used universally today was originally developed from the bottlenecked .30 Luger cartridge...It was simply necked up to make a straightwall case which happened to be 9MM in diameter...

I once converted an old 10MM Colt slide I had to .357 Sig, and mated it to a new McCormick 1911 frame...It had feeding problems with every 10MM and .40 magazine I could find until I tried some McCormick 9MM mags which happened to have the spacer in front of the magazine body instead of at the rear...Then it was flawless...

The Glock 31 is designed from the get-go as a .357, and has none of those feeding problems...They're reliable and accurate...I'm sure he'll like it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

If my memory is correct you don't want to be in the shooting lane next to someone shooting one. The muzzle blast is tremendous.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If my memory is correct you don't want to be in the shooting lane next to someone shooting one. The muzzle blast is tremendous.
    Your memory serves you well......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thanks guys he gets all his info from the 20 year old experts, he may get rid of it now that old farts like it also.
    This is your mind on drugs!

357 Sig is hard on the handgun, but very flat shooting, Border Patrol shot for qualification with them at 100 yards. THey are going the way of the 45 GAP and ammo is hard to come by and expensive.