Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New knee

Quote Originally Posted by wacojoe View Post
    I gave at the office.
    As did I. It paid off after my bike accident. My wife and my sister, both government officials, were able to get my $1.2 million medical bills cut to less than $1,000. If they had not done so, my wife and I would be bankrupt.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

With the wife's insurance it will be about $2,00 out of pocket for everything. Not sure what it would be with just Medicare.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Yo Fred, What was the reason for the replacement ?. Arthur- itus of some kind or just old age ?. I've been trying to get my wife to have hers replaces for five years or so but she refuses.

My wife has had both hips and one knee replaced---so far
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Bone on bone. Finally got fed up. When to Doctor said he was moving to Scottsdale, he refers his partner. Had to wait a couple of weeks, Dr walks in and said bone on bone there's nothing but doing the full replacement. Starts to describe the procedure when I asked him if he was any good. Says yes and I said gett'er done. Will see him again on Monday.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Scottsdale... Another bone doc slumming it..

The kid that installed my Tibia Nail was a Canadian and now has a Scottsdale practice...

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Yo Fred, What was the reason for the replacement ?......
    Foot in mouth syndrome. It causes great abnormal strain on the knee............
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm needing a pair. Figure to wait until Medicare and a supplement. At least being retired I will have the time. Maybe later they can do something with the bad feet/ankles. The right shoulder can wait.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson