Thread: An observation

An observation

As many of you here, I follow the news from many sources. I was thinking about the dysfunction in Washington caused primarily because of partisan politics in both the Legislative and Executive branches. More and more of these squabbles are finding themselves to the Federal Court system. Ultimately they sometimes end up in the Supreme Court who makes the final decision. The founding "fathers" sought to create 3 co-equal branches of government. Now look, I know these issues have been written about and studied by scholars for centuries. It seems to me that in this day and time the SCOTUS has power far beyond the other two branches and I am not sure that is how it is supposed to work. At the same time the founding "fathers" may have never contemplated the cess pool that DC has become. Also it is becoming clearer and clearer to me everyday just how partisan our Court system has become. I don't buy Justice Roberts ideology on the "neutral" nature of the judiciary. That is bunk. Just my opinion, of course feel free to disagree or ignore at your leisure.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I can't imagine our founding fathers ever thought what they were doing would turn into, as you said; "The cesspool that it has become"
    Some of our founding fathers were as much of a politician as those we have now, they all had agendas, who doesn't? I guess when it came to the greater good they had the integrity to know what was right and wrong for all of us as a whole.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    We all have an opinion both pro and con, but I'm wondering if anyone in our Government has brains enough to even have one. Looks like the 3th branch will have to do the thinking.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.